Wednesday, July 6, 2016

My career


Hello classmates and teacher

Currently I am a student of third year in Sociology at Universidad de Chile. The truth is that until I was 16 years old I had the intention of studying Law in the future, but I changed my mind when I discovered what sociology was about. In the beginning I believed that the sociologists where a kind of social planners and they could bring solution for practical problems, and principally from that idea I decided to enter this degree; I wanted to have the tools for changing the world. In spite of noticing that I could not reach that goal trough the sociological practice, I feel that it still bring me some very useful tools to understand how the society function. By understanding it, there can be elaborated solutions from other spaces that don’t have to be the sociology academies. A sociologist can specialize itself in many different areas. The principal ways where sociology can be differentiated are the quantitative and qualitative ways. Because of that we, the sociologists, have to specialize in many different investigation methodologies. It’s important to have known that a good sociologist might pass the rest of its life studying, because the society (our study object) is in continuous change.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment